The Founders’ Bible – Hardcover 2nd Edition
Hardcover 2nd Edition
The Founders’ Bible Hardcover edition is a masterpiece in the art of bookbinding. For a 2312-page Bible, in order to ensure proper adhesion of all the signatures and maximize durability, we chose the highest quality bookbinding process on the market today, featuring a resin-bonded, PUR (Polyurethane Reactive) adhesive—“the” most durable bookbinding adhesive available. Without getting too technical, a special clay coating is applied to the paper, enabling the PUR to fully wick into the paper fibers themselves, running the full length of the signature spine. Once cured, the process forms an impenetrable bond. While Smyth sewn signatures have been a high quality industry standard for years, four minimal stitch points in a Bible of this volume would likely weaken over time and with use the paper will begin tear at those stitch points. With the PUR method, that will never happen; your Founders’ Bible will remain rock solid in its binding, and has the added benefit of allowing for a “lay flat” capacity when reading. The Hardcover features the same high quality Bible paper as the leather editions, and along with its matching protective dust jacket displays the beautiful commissioned artwork on the cover, both of which boast a premium “soft touch” coating that feels fantastic in your hands. Each copy comes individually shrink-wrapped.
Our Founding Documents—32 beautifully designed and illustrated two-color pages, including:
The Declaration of Independence
The Constitution of the United States
The Bill of Rights and later amendments
$69.99 – 2312 pages
● 2312 pages beautifully designed and illustrated throughout in both 2-color and magnificent 4-color pages.
● Over 900 pages of in-depth culturally relevant articles, insightful biblical commentary and some of the most inspiring history of this nation’s founding and the destiny and purpose God intended, covering themes like: “Our Most Sacred Treasure: The Bible”, “Is America a Christian Nation?”, “Original Intent and the Separation of Church and State” and “Escape from Tyranny”.
● Trusted, Updated New American Standard Bible (NASB) Reference Edition—recognized by scholars as the most accurate word for word translation of the Scriptures into the English language.
● Original artwork from master illustrator and oil painter C. Michael Dudash throughout the Bible as well as hundreds of historical paintings and sketches.
● Hundreds of pages of unique embedded commentary highlighting biblical insight and wisdom from the Founders on a wide range of topics such as: Caring for the Poor, Abortion, Homosexuality, Marriage, Taxation, Education, Business and Economics…touching on virtually every area of life.
● Examines the specific verses and chapters of the Bible that inspired our understanding of God-given rights, freedom and justice, our legal system as it was intended to function, and the source of so many of the ideas found in our guiding documents and constitutional republic form of government.
● Over 150 biographies or insightful quotes from various Founders and other influential people of history and the Founding Era
● An American Timeline of History, The Presidents of the U.S., and Colonial Maps.
● 66 inspirational Bible book introductions, key verses, outlines that reveal the grand story of Scripture and God’s desire for a walking, talking relationship with each one of us.
● Subject index, Concordance, Center column Cross-reference Study Edition, and Bible maps.
America stands at the crossroads of human history, teetering on the brink of disaster. If ever there was a desperate need for us to rediscover the vision, passion, and wisdom of our Founding Fathers, it is now! Signature historian David Barton sets the record straight, unveiling the true and forgotten history of America’s founding and the unwavering commitment our Founders had to the importance of the Word of God. The Bible was central to their lives as individuals, essential for shaping and guiding our society, and foundational to our unique system of government that has produced the most enduring legacy of freedom any nation has ever known. The Founders’ Bible uses the trusted, updated New American Standard Bible (NASB), recognized by scholars as the most accurate, word for word translation of the Scriptures in the English language. With over 900 pages of in-depth culturally relevant articles, insightful Biblical commentary from the Founders on a wide range of topics, and some of the most inspiring history of this nation’s founding and the destiny and purpose God intended. The Founders’ Bible will renew your hope and reignite your passion not only for America, but also for the Word of God. It could be likened to a modern day ‘Geneva Bible’ for this generation in terms of its scope, content and significance. No other book brings together your history, your government and your Bible all into one amazing resource. The Founders’ Bible is destined to be an unrivaled, invaluable textbook for university students, home-schoolers, and all those who want to learn the true and forgotten foundations of what has made America great.
Never before has the epic saga of the founding of America been told from the point of view that God had a plan for this nation and a yearning for freedom. Over and over, God’s miraculous intervention on behalf of our Founding Fathers, the Forefathers, and this fledgling country demonstrates that the dream of freedom would not be thwarted. Beginning with America’s discovery by courageous Europeans to its providential settlement, from the Pilgrims’ escape from tyranny and persecution to the colonial expansion and spiritual awakenings, from the initial fires of Revolution to the impossible victory of a ragtag bunch of farmers and freedom fighters over the most powerful military force the world had known, from the stirrings of civil unrest and the injustice of slavery to the horrific but necessary struggles of civil war, America has been on a path of divine origin and destiny. Before the remarkable words of our founding documents were ever penned, they were first preached from the pulpits of New England as people wrestled with the Scriptures for themselves as to ‘how then shall we live.’ This is the remarkable story of our deep spiritual heritage and the largely unknown historical foundations that produced a nation that once held the admiration of all the world. It’s also a roadmap we can follow so as to once again become that “shining city on a hill,” a beacon of hope to the world around.
In the Founders’ Bible signature historian David Barton shares the true story of how God used the brilliance of the Founding Fathers and generals to unite the colonies and lead them through the long, hard Revolutionary war. These men believed resistance to tyranny was a Christian duty because they were defending God-given rights. Such men as George Washington, Patrick Henry, Benjamin Rush, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin established the firm foundations of the soon-to-be country; they made sure it was steadfastly planted in the Word of God. These great, God-fearing men were put in just the right place at just the right time by the hand of God to fashion a nation that would promote freedom, discover equality, honor faith, and providentially be a source of great blessing to the nations of the world! As a nation, with our backs to the wall, facing a looming cliff of disaster, we would do well to rediscover the wisdom of the Founders. These were the men who courageously laid the groundwork and built the foundation that made our nation great. The Founders’ Bible uniquely illumines the very passages of Scriptures that inspired our Founders and formed the basis of our constitution, government and its guiding documents. Examine the Bible verses that provide the seed bed of understanding for justice, our legal system as it was intended, and the individual God-given rights and freedoms we possess. See what chapters inspired them in the fight for independence and freedom. Understand the sacrifices they made because of their Biblically-based beliefs and learn about how America is most assuredly a Christian nation. You will be amazed at the rich, Godly legacy that permeates the soil of this great country. May we return to those paths and find ourselves amidst another Great Awakening!